Please use the contact form below or on the Contact Me page to make an enquiry about therapy. I will endeavour to get in touch with you within a week of receiving your enquiry, provided I am not on leave.
Please be aware that as of December 2018, my waiting list for treatment is nearly 12 months.
Please be aware that, from January 2019:
- I see clients on Tuesdays from 11-8pm and Thursdays from 8am-5pm, and I am not able to offer appointments outside of those times.
- I currentl have a waiting list for new clients of approximately months' duration, although people are often seen sooner that that when there is a cancellation.
Length of Appointment
All of my appointments are for 80 minutes, not the standard 50 minutes of therapy.
- Research shows that most people need longer than 50 minutes to access, process and resolve emotions, and therefore trauma focused therapy recommendations are for 80 minute sessions.
- I observed when I offered 50 minute sessions that clients who attended double sessions (110 minutes) made more rapid therapeutic gains. Although on the short term, 80 minute sessions will be more costly than 50 minute sessions, I expect that overall treatment times will reduce, resulting in lower costs overall for therapy.
- 50 minute sessions often feel rushed, and rushing is not conducive to wellbeing.
My fees are: $320 for 80 minutes, with a Medicare rebate of $124.50 for up to 10 sessions per calendar year for those who are eligible.
I am not able to offer bulk billed appointments.
In cases of genuine financial hardship, a discounted rate may be negotiated. Please make an enquiry with a specific request if this is your circumstance. More details are available on our clinic website: brisbaneharmonycentre.com.au